The task of the tutors is to guide and acquaint new HAMK students into the HAMK community. As a tutor logo, the tutor is a compass for new students.
As a peer tutor, you will get to know other students, strengthen your communication skills, and gain group leadership experience. You can improve your presentation skills and you can organize a fun program for new students.
Tutors are needed from every campus and every degree, so feel free to apply! Now is your chance, because the tutor recruitment has begun!
What is expected from a tutor?
- An open mind and will to learn new things
- Participating in tutor training (basic training 1 and 2 are mandatory for every tutor)
- Familiarising students with their new group, studies, academic environment and its practices.
- Organizing leisure activities within your schedule for new students.
- Presentation of the benefits of Häme University of Applied Sciences’ student union and membership to new students.
Recruitment: from Jan 17 to 30, 2022
Tutors’ basic training: May 6 to 7, 2022
The second part of training: in August (Date will be informed later)
More information about tutoring.