Come and make HAMKO a better supervisor of students’ interests and a reliable students’ support at HAMK. You are warmly welcome to take part in our activities!
The Student Union offers a variety of ways to contribute to the making and developing a better everyday life for all HAMK students. You can participate with your own resources and capabilities. University of applied sciences students are a very diverse group with their age, educational background and identity, among other things. In addition, the diverse ways of studying make it possible for students to be geographically distant from HAMK campuses. Of course, we hope that this diversity of students will also be reflected in our community of Student Union actors.
Ways to take part in the activities:
- Every autumn, the Student Union has Council of Representatives Election. In this election, HAMKO’s members choose representatives for the highest decision-making body in the Student Union. Read more about the Council of Representatives and stand for election!
- After the Council of Representatives election, HAMKO’s Board is elected. The board is responsible for implementing the decisions made by the Council Representatives and for running the Student Union’s operational activities in cooperation with the staff. You can do all sorts of things in the board, depending on your interests. There is something to do for an event organizer as well as anyone interested in supervision of interests or guidance and tutoring. Read more about the board’s activities.
- The primary responsibility for organizing HAMKO’s events rests with one or two members of the board. However, they are not alone in arranging the events since they have an active event team to support them. Event team is recruited always in January. If you are interested in organizing events, please contact the board or stay tuned for the next search for event team members!
- Tutoring is an important part of starting new studies at HAMK. The Student Union recruits and trains about 100 new tutors each year. Read more about tutoring and apply! Tutor recruitment is always open in the autumn, with interviews in January and February and training in the spring (usually in March or April).
- The Student Union elects student representatives to, for example, HAMK schools’ management groups and other work groups. The student representatives of the management groups are always elected in the spring – so follow HAMKO’s communication and apply!