Students’ rights are derived from HAMK’s degree regulations and current legislation. As a student you have a right to:
- The right for equal treatment and accessibility.
- The right to be informed of the module’s implementations, assessment principles and completion date, before the start of the module.
- If a student is dissatisfied with the grade or accreditation/exemption decision for a module or other studies, they may request reassessment from the person making the assessment or decision. A written or oral request for reassessment must be made within 14 days of the student being informed of the grade or decision.
- Right to receive counselling during their studies.
- Eligibility for recognising and accrediting the competences acquired elsewhere and prior to your studies.
- The right to upgrade the module grade.
Please note that as a student you also have responsibilities. Completing these responsibilities is a prerequisite for your studies to progress according to your goals. As a student you have a responsibility to:
- Enroll for the academic year within the given deadline.
- Register for modules.
- Complete the studies as they are planned.
- Prepare a personal study plan and maintain it.
- Participate in the development of the HAMK’s teaching and activities by providing feedback.
Remember to also check out HAMK’s guidelines for work placement.