Congratulations on your study place and welcome to HAMK!
Achieving a place to study always requires a lot of work and the pandemic certainly brought its own additional worries and stress to applicants. Once your place of study is secured, congratulate yourself on a great performance. Congratulations are the least you have earned!
After the congratulations, however, it is a good idea to start orienting yourself to the studies that has begun. As you are starting for this exciting phase of life, at least the following things should be done:
Get HAMK student ID
• Activate your HAMK student ID to get access to all HAMK’s student systems. See instructions on HAMK’s website.
• If starting studies also meant moving to a place of study, you will find good accommodation-related tips for all campus locations on HAMK’s website.
• HAMK’s internal discussion channel is Yammer, join groups that suit you there.
Welcome to join the Student Union
- Your Student Union in HAMK is HAMKO. HAMKO promotes all HAMK students’ interests. As a member, you will get an official student card with access to thousands of student benefits around Finland. You can join HAMKO online. Check out our blog for a few tips to fill out the joining form!
- The Pivo digital student card will be available to you very soon after you join for member. When you join, you will also receive a plastic student card, to which you can attach the HAMK access pass and the Library Card. You will be notified when your card has arrived by email to your student.hamk.fi address.
At the latest, it is worth getting to know HAMK and university studies properly
- After you have activated your HAMK student ID, get to know Starter Kit of Digital Skills -course. There are infographics available of Starter Kit’s content and instructions.
- At HAMK, all new students will be required to bring their own personal laptops. Read more about BYOD or Bring Your Own Device at HAMK.
If you have any questions about Student Union’s membership or student cards, for example, please contact us! You can best contact us by e-mail email@example.com and also from our office at Hämeenlinna University Center. And please do start following us in Instagram and Facebook!
Have a nice semester and good luck with your studies!
This blog is an updated version of the blog published on June 25, 2020