Congratulations on your study place and welcome to HAMK!
Selections based on school performance were made already in May and soon results from the entrance examinations will be published. Achieving a place to study always requires a lot of work and this year the coronavirus certainly brought its own additional worries and stress to applicants. Once your place of study is secured, congratulate yourself on a great performance. Congratulations are the least you have earned!
After the congratulations, however, it is a good idea to start orienting yourself to the studies that will begin soon. As you prepare for this exciting phase of life, at least the following things should be done:
Confirm study place and get HAMK student ID
- Confirm your study place at Studyinfo.fi. Also: remember to enroll for the academic year! (After confirming your study place, you should be forwarded to enrollment for academic year.)
- Activate your HAMK student ID to get access to all HAMK’s student systems. See instructions on HAMK’s website.
- If starting studies also means moving to a place of study, you will find good accommodation-related tips for all campus locations on HAMK’s website.
Join your Student Union
- Join your own student union HAMKO. HAMKO promotes all HAMK students’ interests. As a member, you will get an official student card with access to thousands of student benefits around Finland. You can join HAMKO online. Check out our blog for a few tips to fill out the joining form!
- The Pivo digital student card will be available to you in August, when your presence as a degree student at HAMK begins. The first plastic AMK student cards will arrive from print in August or in the beginning of September. You will be notified when your card has arrived by email to your student.hamk.fi address.
Start getting to know HAMK and university studies
- After you have activated your HAMK student ID, get to know Starter Kit of Digital Skills -course. There are infographics available of Starter Kit’s content and instructions.
- At HAMK, all new students will be required to bring their own personal laptops starting from autumn 2020. Read more about BYOD or Bring Your Own Device at HAMK.
If you have any questions about Student Union’s membership or student cards, for example, please contact us! The best way to reach us during the summer is by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. And start following us in Instagram and Facebook!
Have a nice summer and see you in the autumn!