Standing for election in the Student Union of Häme University of Applied Sciences Representative Council election begins on Monday 19.9.2022 at 9:00 and ends on Monday 17.10.2022 at 9:00.
Representative Council is the highest decision-making body in the Student Union. The Representative Council oversees defining policies and it confirms, for example, the yearly action plan and the budget for the Student Union. The official working language of the Representative Council is Finnish and a decent form of understanding of the language is required from applicants.
In the Representative Council election, the 21 members of the Council are chosen for the term 2023. All members of the Student Union who have fulfilled their obligation to the Student Union and are registered as present for the academic year 2022–2023 may stand for election.
The standing for election is done by an electronic form. Candidates may form electoral coalitions, which is done by filling an electronic form. An electoral coalition is a group of more than one candidate and the votes given to the coalition will be counted in favor of its members. One of the members of the electoral coalition must be authorized to work as the advocate for the coalition. Candidates who are selected to the Representative Council through electoral coalition form their own representative group. The name of the coalition must be written in the coalition charter. The name of the coalition must not offend anyone’s personal rights and it cannot be a commercial/brand name or offensive in any other way. A candidate can stand for election in only one coalition.
- The Representative Council election is electronic, and the voting link will be sent to all members.
- The electoral officials will be named on 24.10.2022.
- The list of those eligible to vote will be checked on 31.10.2022. All students, who have fulfilled their obligation to the Student Union by that time, are eligible to vote in the Representatives Council election.
- Voting will begin on Monday 7.11.2022 at 9:00 and end on Wednesday 9.11.2022 at 16:00.
- Election results will be announced by the latest on 10.11.2022.
- The voting link for the electronic voting system will be sent to the Student Union member’s HAMK email address (@student.hamk.fi).
Chair of the Central Electoral Committee, Aino Kouri
Executive Director, Aleksi Kurvi
firstname.lastname@example.org, p. 0447221000