Application period to HAMKO’s Board is now open. The Board plans and implements the activities of the Student Union in accordance with the decisions made by the Council of Representatives. Please note that the official language of the Student Union is Finnish. This means that, for example, the minutes of meetings are always made in Finnish.
The Board consists of a President, a Vice President and a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of eight (8) members. Board’s tasks are to represent the Student Union locally and nationally, lead the operations and inform students and other interest groups about issues concerning them. It is also in charge of the Student Union’s administration.
In practice, this means for example the following tasks:
- representing HAMK students for, example in SAMOK’s (University of Applied Sciences Students in Finland) events
- participating in different working groups at HAMK
- planning and organizing HAMKO’s events
- ordering HAMKO’s overalls and coordinating their sales on campuses
- participating in communications, for example producing content for HAMKO’s social media channels.
So, we are looking for people to diverse positions that will be shared among the board according to the interests of each. We welcome applicants from different backgrounds, from all HAMK campuses and degree programs! You just have to be HAMKO’s member.
HAMKO’s Board will be chosen on Monday, 16 November 2020 in the Council’s inaugural meeting in Hämeenlinna University Centre. The meeting will begin at 4 pm in room C-146 (located near HAMKO’s office). You can come to the meeting and apply to the Board there or you can send your application by email to email@example.com.