HAMKO student trip to Northern Lapland & Arctic Ocean 14.-20.3.2017
You probably knew that the best place to spot the Aurora Borealis is in the Northernmost Lapland! Timetravels and HAMKO organize a one week student discounted road trip to Youth center Vasatokka, 300 km beyond the Arctic Circle!
This price 295 EUR is valid for bookings made by 1st of March. There are 30 places available on this tour at this price. Discount requires HAMKO membership.
Highlights of the tour:
• Visit the world’s biggest Snow Castle in Kemi
• Meet the real Santa Claus in person in Rovaniemi
• Stay 4 nights in Vasatokka, Inari - 250 km beyond the Arctic Circle
• Make a road trip to Norway and swim in the Arctic Ocean!
• Enjoy lakeside sauna and arctic swimming every day
• Feel the speed of huskies and snowmobiles
• Orienteer with snowshoes in the forest and learn to make a campfire without matches
• Build your own snow quinzee, try cross country skiing and ice-fishing
• Learn about Saami culture and get a reindeer driver’s license
• Experience the world’s longest sledding hill in ski resort Saariselkä
• Enjoy downhill skiing at cheap student prices!
This is truly a lifetime journey - all international and Finnish students are invited to feel the magic of Lapland!
Students have rated this tour 4,7 out of 5
For feedback and reviews check here >>>
Online-sign up and more information
295 € Student price (with HAMKO membership valid until 1.3.2017)
335 € Normal price
Package price includes
• Round trip by bus from Riihimäki-Hämeenlinna-Valkeakoski to Rovaniemi & Saariselkä
• Accommodation 4 nights in 3-6 person apartments
• Visit of the Kemi Snowcastle
• Visit of Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi
• Bus trip to the Arctic Ocean (in Norway)
• Visit of the Saariselkä ski resort
• Use of the lakeside sauna and sport hall
• Services of an experienced tour leader
• Arctic Ocean overall patch
For extra cost
• Husky Safari with lunch 5 km 75 EUR
• Northern light snowshoe orienteering and making fire without matches 30 EUR
• Arctic skills course (quinzee building, cross-country skiing, ice-fishing 45 EUR
• Northern light snowmobile safari 90 EUR
• Saami Day - visit of the Siida saami museum and reindeer farm 35 EUR
DAY 1 DEPARTURE DAY
21.50 Departure from Riihimäki (Matkakeskus)
22.30 Departure from Hämeenlinna bus station (Wetterhof tourist bus stop)
23.30 Departure from Tampere railway station square
DAY 2 THE KEMI SNOWCASTLE – SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE – ARRIVAL IN LAPLAND
08:00 Arrival in Kemi. Free time for shopping and breakfast in the Kemi City market.
10.00 Visiting the Kemi Snowcastle (approx. 1,5 hours)
11.30 Departure from Kemi Snowcastle to Rovaniemi
13.30 Arrival in the Santa Claus Village
14:30 Visiting the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi. In Santa Claus village you can take pictures with the SANTA, cross the magical Arctic circle, have lunch in one of the restaurants, buy souvenirs, send postcards from the Santa’s official post office and have a lunch (we recommend SHELL gas station across the street). Duration 2 h. Departure to Vasatokka at 16.30.
19:30 Arrival in Saariselkä
20:00 Arrival in Vasatokka (estimation). Briefing & lodging.
DAY 3: ARCTIC SKILLS (45EUR), NIGHT SNOWMOBILE SAFARI (95EUR), SNOW-SHOE AURORA HUNTING (30EUR)
1 0:00-12:00 Guided Cross-Country Skiing*
12:00-13:00 Lunch break
13:00-14:00 Ice Fishing*
14:00-15:00 Snow Houses building*
16:00-18:00 Guided Wall Climbing*
21:30-23:30 Snow Shoe Aurora Hunting* + Sauna & Arctic Swimming*
DAY 4: TOUR OF THE ARCTIC OCEAN TO NORWAY - INCLUSIVE
08:00 Bus departure for the fjord trip to Norway! During this tour you will see amazing Arctic scenery and discover how the forests and fells transfer to tundra and mountains the further North you travel. You will learn about the nature, Saami people and make photostops on most beautiful places. Eventually you will arrive to an idyllic fishermen village "Bygones" on the coast of Arctic Ocean. Here you will bath in the sauna and take a bath in a marvellous beach. After swimming you will enjoy a soup lunch, hosted by Norwegian fishermen, those will tell you about the life on the top of the world and about fishing king crabs. On the way back you will make a shopping break and arrive back to Vasatokka by 19.00.
1 9:00 Dinner*
DAY 5: SAAMI DAY (35EUR: Reindeer farm and Saami museum)
09:30 Departure to the Reindeer Farm*
10:00-12:00 Visiting the reindeer farm hosted by a saami family. After having a reindeer safari you will have a coffee break in a Lappish hut*
12:30-14:00 After reindeer farm, possibility to stay in Inari village and visit the famous SIIDA saami museum.*
14:00-15:00 Visit of the K-Market & Souvenir Store*
16:00-18:00 Sports Hall opened for collective games - inclusive
DAY 6: SAARISELKÄ DAY – HUSKY SAFARI (65EUR) and DEPARTURE HOME
08:30 Checking Out – Bus Departure to Saariselkä
10:00-12:00 Husky Safari *
12:00-17:00 Possibility for downhill skiing, SPA, shopping. There is time to do all the preferred activities. There are also several shops and restaurants in the territory and free sledding hill.
17:00 Departure from Saariselkä Holiday Club
20:00 Rovaniemi Dinner Stop
DAY 7: ARRIVAL HOME
We do not recommend to book connecting train, bus, ferry or flight tickets from Helsinki earlier than 12.00 since weather and road conditions may delay arrival.
00:00 Arrival in Oulu
04:00 Arrival in Jyväskylä
06:00 Arrival in Tampere
07:00 Arrival in Hämeenlinna
07:30 Arrival in Riihimäki
• Tour can be paid by credit card or ordering an email invoice (IBAN bank transfer). Reservation is valid only after payment.
• For cancellation terms, please see here >>>
Questions and inquiries
For questions and other information please contact the responsible travel agency Timetravels customer service for assistance. Please check support portal, write an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, chat through the webpage or call +358 10 421 8990, during office hours Mon-Fri 10.00-17.00. Cost of the phone call is 0,09 €/call + 0,17 €/min + international call charge (for calls outside Finland). All inquires will be answered in timely fashion!